We want to make sure you're fully prepared for your upcoming getaway. Below is some useful information to help you make the most of your vacation.
- Download the Fly Delta app for a seamless travel experience. Access your boarding pass and vacation details ahead of time, get instant updates on any changes to your flights, and make the most of your SkyMiles® and Medallion® Status benefits, all from your own device.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & DOCUMENTS
- Check the expiration date on your travel documents. For most destinations, passports must be valid for at least six months after your departure date.
- Use Delta FlyReadySM to easily upload your required travel documents.
- Entry requirements vary by destination and may change before your trip. Check out our interactive travel map for more information.
- If a minor is traveling without their parents (alone, in a group, with other relatives, etc.), they will need a Minor Travel Consent Form. These forms grant parental permission for the minor to travel. For international travel, it’s recommended to get the form notarized.
- If the child is traveling with only one of their parents, it’s a good idea to have a note that states the other parent’s consent to the trip, especially if the minor’s parents are divorced/separated.
- For international travel, plan to get to the airport three hours before your flight. For domestic travel, two hours before your flight should be enough time.
- Visit the TSA website to check security wait times at your airport. https://www.tsawaittimes.com/
Wait times are estimates, subject to change, and may not be indicative of your experience.
HELPFUL MONEY TIPS
- Let your bank know when and where you’re going to avoid your cards being frozen.
- Check the exchange rates and ATM fees before you go. Plan ahead and exchange some cash in case your home currency isn’t accepted and/or you have issues with your cards.
- Consider getting a debit or credit card that waives foreign transaction fees when you're traveling abroad.
- Our vacation experts are here for you throughout your entire vacation. Whether you’re on your way to your vacation or you’re already in destination, please call our Destination Help Center at 1-800-800-1504.
- Consider downloading WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android smartphone if you haven't already. WhatsApp is a free messaging app that allows you to send messages or make calls to other WhatsApp users around the globe while connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data. You can chat with us in destination on WhatsApp at +1-844-783-2147 (carrier data rates may apply).
CELL PHONE & WI-FI USE IN DESTINATION
- Check your cell phone plan and consider getting an international data plan while traveling. If you don’t have an international data plan, turn off mobile data and data roaming to avoid data roaming charges.
- Most airports and hotels offer Wi-Fi, but you may have to pay for access. Plan ahead if you intend to rely on Wi-Fi for communication.
PLAN DAY TRIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- Most excursions and popular tourist activities require reservations. Be sure to book in advance; hotel concierge can assist with reservations.
- Don’t forget to make meal reservations, especially if you plan to dine at popular restaurants.
TRAVEL PROTECTION PLANS
- Make sure you have plug adapters and/or converters for your devices. While many devices are “dual voltage,” meaning they can charge at different voltage levels, other devices will only charge at the American standard 120 volts. Consider adapters that also have USB slots for easy charging.
- Avoid plugging into public USB charging stations and outlets for domestic and international travel unless you have a "power only" charging cord. These stations and outlets can be programmed to steal data from your device.
ワンランク上のバケーション体験をお楽しみください。Choose from flights, stays, rides and activities all over the world, all in one place.
As trusted experts, we’ll help with recommendations, booking and support — whenever and wherever you need it.